Thursday, July 2, 2009

Love letter to my husband in Iraq

To my Loving Husband,

I pray each night for strength to see the difference in duty and your love to me. I understand that when duty calls, you must go. I know in my heart you are doing your part and serving our country. I am so very proud of you! I also pray for the strength to carry on, and a task to do each day to fill the time you're away. I stand beside you through thick and thin, through all life will throw our way.

Knowing that our special love will guide us in the right direction each and every day. When you aren't here to share my days and nights with me, my life is incomplete. For you are my heart and soul. Without you here, I merely exist from day to day. I sit and wait for your return so I can feel complete again. You are the keeper of my dreams, the one who holds my heart in your hands.

You are the one I spend most of my time thinking about. I lie on the ground and stare into space, the stars start to move in the shape of your face. I see you there now, looking down at me with that cunning smile that I like to see. You say "close your eyes and tell me what you see." I see only two people just you and me. We are walking the shoreline of Hawaii, with our feet getting wet. The horizon turns pink, as the sun starts to set. We make love through the night, on that white sandy shore.

Then I hold you, while thinking I could want nothing more. Oh I wish I could be in that one special place as I lie on the ground and stare into space. Your touch is with me always. It's burnt into my skin. Your voice is never silent. It's forever in my ears. Your arms always holding me, like the strength of angels wings. They support and protect me with the safety of true love. I can never repay you for the joy you bring to my life. However I can always be true, a true wife.

I am a strong and loving wife, with a husband who had to go away. There are times I'm terrified for you, in away most never know. I bite my lip, and force a smile for our children's sake. When we watched you pack your bags, my heart was breaking. But I am a very proud wife.

You are the sun that always seems to brighten up our day. You are, our shining star above, perfect in every way, no matter where we are, or what we are doing. One thing that always stays with us, is how you love us in that special way.
Love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment